Yesterday, I was reading through my email and came across an email from someone I have not heard from in over 2 years. The purpose of the email was not for "catching up" with one another. Instead, it was to inform me that her child was participating in a school fundraiser, and I was being asked to consider donating towards "the cause." What's "the cause," you ask? Well, to help pay for private school tuition. Hmmm..... I guess it never hurts to ask, right? I'm sure that private school is very expensive, because I know how much public school is costing us! And since I'm not quite sure how I feel about donating towards the cost of private education for her child, for now I have chosen to take the cowardly approach, and simply not respond! :-) But, I have decided to start my own fundraiser on behalf of Samuel and Avery. I am currently accepting donations of small bottles of water, juice boxes, Goldfish crackers, pretzels, raisins, mandarin oranges, chocolate chip cookies, Oreos, Cheetos, Doritos, Little Debbie snack cakes and muffins, apple cereal bars, Cheerios, Snack Pack pudding, Snack Pack applesauce, and crackers (saltine, graham, and animal). And what is "the cause" that you will be making a donation towards, you ask? Well, for your generous donation, you won't get a tax right off, sorry! But you will get the satisfaction of knowing that Samuel and Avery truly won't eat us out of house and home. :-)
Disclaimer: The above blog entry was for entertainment purposes only, in an effort to make you smile. The opinions stated above were not intended to offend or upset. The writer of this blog does not assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information disclosed. Furthermore, the writer does not endorse or recommend any commercial products, processes, or services. The views and opinions of such writer do not necessarily state or reflect those of blogspot.com, and may not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes. Information presented on this blog is considered private information and may not be distributed or copied. This site is maintained by the U.S. Government and is protected by various provisions of Title 18 of the U.S. Code. Violations of Title 18, subject to criminal prosecution in a federal court. For site security purposes, as well as to ensure that this service remains available to all users, we use software programs to monitor traffic and to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information or otherwise cause damage. In the event of authorized law enforcement investigations and pursuant to any required legal process, information from these sources may be used to help identify an individual. Again, the above blog entry and this disclaimer were for entertainment purposes only. Thank you, and have a nice day.
Quote of the Month
"Be not the slave of your own past. Plunge into the sublime seas, dive deep and swim far, so you shall come back with self-respect, with new power, with an advanced experience that shall explain and overlook the old." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment