Quote of the Month

"Be not the slave of your own past. Plunge into the sublime seas, dive deep and swim far, so you shall come back with self-respect, with new power, with an advanced experience that shall explain and overlook the old." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A Few Random Pictures

Just thought I'd share these random pictures with everyone.

Here's Isaac "helping" me pack for our trip.


The kids are wearing t-shirts from their Papa and Granny from their vacation to Costa Rica.

I managed to snap this picture of Avery and Isaac saying goodbye and giving kisses to each other, when Samuel and Avery were leaving for school.

Waving goodbye... "Bye A-E."

And last but certainly not least... I've never envisioned myself owning a minivan. But that changed last night. I saw a commercial for this minivan, made by Chrysler, and it was love at first sight. I think they've included just about everything imaginable in a vehicle to make a parent's life easier!

Yes, it's still a minivan, but I think now I can better understand why minivan owners simply love their vehicle. This minivan has a remote control door opener for all of the side doors and the back door, a remote control to start the ignition and the a.c. or heater from outside the minivan, a remote control that folds the 3rd row seat under the floor (just push a button and the 3rd row seat is gone!), the 2nd row bucket seats can turn completely around and face the back (how cool is that?), and there's a table that can be assembled in between the 2nd and 3rd row seats. All of the seats have seat warmers. And every window has a sun shade that you can leave down or pull up whenever you want to that provide 50 SPF protection, filtering out 95% of the sun's UV rays.


There's an extra rear view mirror so that the driver can see the 3rd row seats.

Each seat has it's own nightlight (which I know from traveling with my kids at night that this would be a huge hit!).

The 3rd row seat can turn around and face the outside (it's called tailgate seating).This minivan comes with a rear view camera that lets you know if you're about to hit something behind you when you're backing up, and a "hands free" GPS navigation system. It also comes with 2 DVD screens (one for the 2nd row and one for the 3rd row) which can play 2 different movies at the same time, and each seat has headphones so that the parents don't have to listen to Elmo play over and over again on a 7 hour trip. It comes with supplemental side air bags for every seat, and a gauge that let's you know when the air pressure in the tires is getting low. And the best part, you can get all of this for around $30,000!

Impressed? Because I am!!! Don't be surprised if within the next couple of years this little gem is parked in my driveway. :-)

No comments: