Isaac seems to be more interested in playing dress up lately. His favorite character to dress up as is The Singing Construction Worker. He's gone to pick up Samuel and Avery after school in this outfit, as well as to Walmart and the doctor's office. We get some really nice smiles when people realize what he's got on and what he's doing when he sings into the microphone. Especially when he's also wearing his "My Dad Rocks" t-shirt.

Last week, I went to another Mommy Swap party. No, we don't swap mommies. And no, we don't swap kids either. We do swap children's clothing, household items and adult clothes. Anything your own kids have outgrown or don't use anymore, as well as any other items that you maybe no longer wear or need, can all be taken to the party and then swapped for your friends' items that they bring. It's tons of fun, and everyone I know who goes to one of these parties becomes instantly hooked and can't wait until the next party. Why? Well, imagine going to a really nice garage sale where the cost for everything is 1 item from your own home that you no longer want or need! So, at this last party I went to, I was able to get some adorable preemie baby clothing that a friend of mine brought. Her baby girl Claire wore them. I got them for Avery's baby dolls. Avery had so much fun dressing up all of her babies in these adorable, tiny clothes.

And finally, we've had some visitors scoping out "the neighborhood" lately. We were all outside last weekend, prepping the garden for this year's summer garden, when I saw something fly by. When I looked up, I saw 2 Purple Martins sitting on top of my bird house! They haven't moved in quite yet. These Purple Martins are the older generation, just stopping by on their way through to their own homes further north. But spotting them is a good sign that the younger generation of birds are on their way, and will almost assuredly be looking for homes. How exciting! Purple Martins can be quite particular about the house they pick to live in, because once they move in, the same family will return year after year. Purple Martins are monogamous... they mate for life. Once they start their family, the parents along with their children continue to live together in the same house for as long as their landlord (me) maintains the condition of their home. Anyway, after I spotted the 2 birds sitting on top of the birdhouse, I decided that I needed to have a clear view of the birdhouse from my kitchen window. So, I took down the curtains and added this valance that my mom gave me. Funny enough, when I took this picture below, I could see the birdhouse in the picture. But now that I look at the picture again, you can't really see the birdhouse... It's to the right, just behind the tarp of the swing set, and it blends in with the tree way off in the distance. But, I guess the point is that I can see it from the kitchen window. I keep waiting for the birds to show up again. I'm very hopeful that one set of Purple Martin newlyweds will pick my birdhouse as their new home!
No comments:
Post a Comment